Monday, March 7, 2011

Pictures of everyday life!

Okay, so I had the thought for sometime to take a few pictures of my kids adventures, just living life everyday...I will start with last night...

Isaac can be found 99.9% of the time sleeping in Daddy's spot on the bed. I know the argument with letting kids sleep with you, in fact I am a big believer in NOT letting the kiddos sleep with you. Honestly, we insisted on Ellie sleeping in her own bed, we would get up and move her out of the bed in the middle of the night, and you know what? she is only 5 and she no longer even asks to come into our bed, only of a very few occasions will she come in and snuggle in the morning. So, some part of me feels like I know that this little guy needs me and if his only alone time that he gets with me and Erik (when he is home) comes in the middle of the night, well then, (at least he is asleep right?) But I know that this time wont last forever, but I will say that I do put him to bed in his own bed in his own room...but I wake up to this sight every morning and kinda smile to myself!

Then there are these ones:


I don't know if I need to explain this...We walked Ellie to school this morning, like we do most mornings...(I must say that I REALLY liked our walk this morning, it was cool, it was moist outside and it was foggy...reminded me of the northwest...I loved it!!) We got back from our walk and Isaac wanted to dress up, well Spencer couldn't be left out, so he grabbed the only thing he could find...Sissy's butterfly wings! This took up much of our morning!



Well, the rain finally came this afternoon and as weird as it sounds, it was so nice, first of all rain means that its finally warm enough NOT to snow!!! (yippee) and we have been missing Washington very much so the rain was welcomed! Ellie and Isaac decided that today was the day they were going to play in the rain, unfortunately we don't have much rain gear anymore, so they got on what they could and went on a rainy day adventure:


Can anyone guess what they are doing?


Well, as gross as it is, since it has been warmer and rainy, all the worms decided to make an appearance and they were everywhere this morning. So, the kids decided to get a knife and have their own science project cutting up a worm....eeeewwww.

There you go, the adventures in the Martinson home on a monday (well on this monday at least)

6 comments:

Joan said...

So cute! We really miss you guys. It's funny that it was raining, because here it was a beautiful warm sunny day.

Reed Pettingill said...

Allia - please teach Ellie how to take pictures, so we can see that you're part of the Martinson's everyday life, too.

John and Clara said...

So cute!! It really is important to document and enjoy life now, when they are little. Our Ike ends up in our bed too. We put him to bed in his bed, then when we head up for bed our door is shut and he is sound asleep on my side of the bed. I actually have a blog post about it coming up. Funny!! I hope your family is doing well!! You're in UT right? We will have to see ya next time we're out there.

EAMartinson said...

Dad, I actually prefer not to be in the pictures currently, for purely vain reasons...but we all know I am there...somewhere!
Clara, yes we are in Utah! When are you guys planning to come out this way? It would be fun to see you and get our kids together, sounds like they would have a blast...or get into a lot of trouble together!

Andrea said...

When did our kids grow up?? Spencer is looking so big and I can't help but remember when Ellie was that size.
Thanks for the update. I'm expecting to hear more about your class when you get a sec. :)

The Lowder Family said...

I love that picture of your kids dressed up....the dinasaur is awsome but not near as cool as the wings